cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categorize products easily (view category and change easily)

SOLVED

Categorize products easily (view category and change easily)

Hi

I am new to Magento. 

I just bought a shop where all products are imported though a feed. Some in categories and some not. I get all the products from the distributors but I am not going to sell all of them, so some have to be inactive. 

I need to check the category and possible change it for all the products I want to sell but with +35000 total products that will take forever. I have been looking at Catalog -> Products and gone through all the products I want to sell to see if they are in the right category and have filtered out the inactive ones but as mentioned that takes too much work. 

Is there a way I can see the categories assigned to the products already so that I don't need to check those that are okay? I would also like to be able to see e.g. the manufactor so when I go through the currently inactive products I can just skip those that I don't work with any longer. I am aware of the Catalog -> Category but has not been able to help me.

I am also looking for a more faster way to manually change categories rather than have to go to the product and change it. Say a fast dropdown menu or something. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Categorize products easily (view category and change easily)

@only4kids

Hi.

One of such extension you might have come across is Store Manager for Magento (2-week functional version is available for download from the link in my signature).

Using which you will be able to:

- see if there are products not assigned to any category, applying simple filter -

- move up/down through product list and see to which category product belongs right in lower grid -

- re-assign or assign product right in lover grid or using 'Assign Categories' option (works for multiple products)

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @only4kids

Right now there is not any specific functionaliy available. But you need to developed an extension which provide this type of functionality.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Thank you. I have found a few extentions in the Mangento Connect I think might work out. 

@only4kids

Hi.

One of such extension you might have come across is Store Manager for Magento (2-week functional version is available for download from the link in my signature).

Using which you will be able to:

- see if there are products not assigned to any category, applying simple filter -

- move up/down through product list and see to which category product belongs right in lower grid -

- re-assign or assign product right in lover grid or using 'Assign Categories' option (works for multiple products)

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.