cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Product with one-time variations

Complex Product with one-time variations

Hello there,

which one I should use "simple product with custom options" or "configurable product"

i.e: I have a product called Action Figure Set

• The Product Listing is Set Contains 4 pieces:  A, B, C, and D cost $400
  • E, F, G, H, I, J available as extra product options which cost $100 each ( customer can select more than one or select none )
  • Those are naked, but there are clothing options: 
  • These are the Action Figure Set Clothing options: Clothing 1A cost $300, Clothing 2B cost $400, Clothing 3C cost $500, Clothing 4D cost $600, Clothing 5E cost $100, Clothing 6F cost $200, Clothing 7G cost $500, Clothing 8H cost $500, Clothing 9I cost $500, Clothing 10J cost $400
  • These are clothing options for the extra action figures: Clothing 1A cost $60, Clothing 2B cost $80, Clothing 3C cost $100, Clothing 4D cost $120, Clothing 5E cost $20, Clothing 6F cost $40, Clothing 7G cost $100, Clothing 8H cost $100, Clothing 9I cost $100, Clothing 10J cost $80
  • each Clothing has several color options: blue / red / white / black ( no extra price )
  • This Action Figure Set offers custom hair option: standard, 0.25" shorter, 0.25" longer ( standard cost $0 and other costs $10 for each action figure)
  • This Action Figure Listing has packaging options: Boxed / Wrapped

I figured out how to list this Action Figure Set using simple product with custom options. but somehow I don't know how to list it using configurable product.

any of you can help me to execute this using configurable product?

The thing is my store is selling many action figures set, and almost each of the product has different variations from the above example. and up until now, I've been using simple product with custom options, but my programmer asked me to use configurable product.

can somebody tell me how to execute that product example?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Complex Product with one-time variations

Hello @deddyika,

You can achieve this type of product option by creating Bundle product type Here is an guide how to create a bundle product. Please review it https://www.mageplaza.com/kb/how-to-create-bundle-product-in-magento-2.html

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Re: Complex Product with one-time variations

Thank you for your answer, but the problem is that the extra action figure options were not separated products, those extra action figure options are only available when customer buy the set.

That's why I don't think bundle product will work

Thank you,

Deddy