cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Magento community edit. support different products having prices set in different currencies?

Does Magento community edit. support different products having prices set in different currencies?

With Amazon, a vendor in UK can set the product price in GBP.   When a german Customer logins in to amazon, he will see my product (assuming I allow delivery to Germany), but he will see the price in EUR. A german vendor will set his prices in EUR.  I.e. the products base currency of its base price is per-vendors currency, not global.

Having tried woocommerce, there are plenty of multi-currency plugins, but every product price has to be in the same Global currency.  You can't really ask a vendor in Uganda to price is products in EUR, he has no idea what a euro is.  He need to price is products in UGX.

This is in a multi-vendor scenario.  Ideally we would want to fix the currency which prices are entered based (by the vendor) on the country of that vendor (like Amazon does). 

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does Magento community edit. support different products having prices set in different currencie

Regarding this multi-vendor scenario are you using any extension or vendors are accessing your Magento Admin to update the price?

In Magento by default you can create different website and can setup different base currency for each website, example : You can create different website for EUR and UK users in single Magento setup and set their base currency as EUR and GBP for UK.

Have a look on this for some insight: https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/config-guide/multi-site/ms_over.html 

Re: Does Magento community edit. support different products having prices set in different currencie

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.  If you can setup different "websites" with a different base currency, this may be a solution. The crux is does each different website have to have a different domain, or can it be the same domain with a different URL?  E.g. www.mystore.ug, www.mystore.co.uk, www.mystore.com, vs www.mystore.com/ug/... www.mystore.com/uk... www.mystore.com/us?  The latter would work if it is supported.