How or what would be the best way to enhance the standard Magento CE 1.9.x orderflow.
I need to implement a pre-order confirmation on all orders, and all other e-mail/orderflow will be untouched.
So the extra step - will be like below:
- Customer makes order - receives a pre-order confirmation
Admin checks order and order return to normal flow after this check:
- Admin confirms order - receives the "normal" order confirmation
- Admin ships, invoices, etc.
Could I use the "on hold" function for this purpose, and would this conflict with payments made, order-numbers-sequence, anything.
I recall that I one (some years ago) used the "on hold" function, and this gave me some troubles getting the order back in the normal order-flow.
Looking forward to hear your suggestions.
This is what I suggest if I understand your flow:
1. Create new order status in Magento Admin -> System -> Order Status, and assign it to the "processing" state.
2. Magento Admin -> System -> Configuration -> Payment Methods, and change "New Order Status" to your newly created status, for every payment method you use.
3. Magento Admin -> System -> Configuration -> Sales Email -> Order, configure new email template which will be used for pre-order emails.
4. Create new controller, add new button in Order View, you can even add new mass-action for moving orders from preorder status to processing.
5. In new controller which serves for "approving" order, just implement $order->setStatus('processing')->save(), and trigger sending email using real "New Order" email template.
That's the flow I've used on few projects so far.
Thank you so much for the detailed information on my request
I am not a dev, so I am a little confused about point number 4, what would I need this for ?
Also Point 5 > This would be needed for making it "all work" or would this require point 4 also.
Looked at this module, looks like this could be a heavy weight edition of your suggestions ?
Xtento Advanced Order Status extension can help you to implement your flow. The only thing you cannot do is to trigger sending an email after moving order from one status to another. That's something which developer should do, and it's not a big deal for someone who knows basic of Magento development.