cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to disable shipping for 2 products to Hawaii and Alaska

I want to disable shipping for 2 products to Hawaii and Alaska

Hello, 

We currently started selling a product in our store that is a large item with high shipping cost.  When we reviewed shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, shipping is too high and we want to remove the option to ship that product out. 

As far as I was able to find, there are modules that can help with this, but wanted to know if in Magento 2 (commerce) there is a way to do this without installing a new module for this.

Appreciate any ideas.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I want to disable shipping for 2 products to Hawaii and Alaska

Hello @jon_corriveau,

Yes, Magento itself provide solutions for these things,

You can specify countries where products can be shipped by below configurations :

Navigate to Stores > Configurations > General > Country Options > Allowed countries

Un-check the "Use Default Value" checkbox

and change as per your requirement and your products shipment will only be available for those countries.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Thanks for your feedback @gaurav_harsh1 

However, the configuration I am looking at is for specific states within the Country of the United States.

Do you know if when selected a Country, you can go to the next level to select which states you can ship to AND apply only to specific products?  

Thanks again

Got exactly the same problem...unless I'm missing something basic, it looks like one is forced to purchase yet another extension for something that should be box standard.

To disable shipping for specific products to Hawaii and Alaska,

you need to configure your shipping settings in your e-commerce platform or website. The exact steps may vary depending on the platform you are using, but I can provide you with a general guideline:

1) Log in to your e-commerce platform or website admin panel.
2) Navigate to the shipping settings or shipping options section.
3) Look for the area where you can define shipping rules or zones.
4) Create a new shipping rule or edit an existing one that corresponds to shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.
5) Within that rule, specify the products you want to exclude from shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.
6) Save the changes.

Here are some further details to consider when configuring the shipping rule:
Check if your platform allows you to define shipping zones. If it does, create a zone specifically for Hawaii and Alaska.
If your platform does not have shipping zones, you may need to manually define separate rules for Hawaii and Alaska.
Make sure to save the changes and test the shipping settings to ensure they are working as expected.

If the issue is solved, Click Kudos & Accept as a Solution