cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory, bundle products, and eBay/Amazon

Inventory, bundle products, and eBay/Amazon

Hello all,

Our shop has a problem keeping track of our inventory and we're not quite sure what to do. I'll try to be as brief as possible:

So we sell garage door openers, remotes, etc.  We sell a kit as individual products, for example, the motor, the rails, and a remote.  All 3 of these items are already in our Magento, all of which can be bought individually. What we want, however, is to make a new item where all 3 of these items are sold together.  Also, a customer could buy any one of these items individually either from one of our websites and/or eBay/Amazon, which would then affect our stock levels of this these items, and thus the level of the combined product.

So I tried making a new bundle item and added the motor, rail, and remote (from the 3 original Magento listings). The inventory level of the motors is 50, the rails 10, and the remotes 99 -- so in theory, with the stock levels that I have and since the 3 items are coming together to represent 1 product and at least 1 of each item is required for the combo product, then there should only be 10 of these items available. However this doesn't seem to work when I tried doing a test purchase (it actually wouldn't even let me add it to the cart).

We also use the Magnalister addon to add our products to eBay/Amazon, however, we can't load any bundle products...so another dead end.

I'm obviously a novice at this and I'm not really sure what to do.

Has anyone had experience with this and have any advice? Is there an easier way to go about this?

Many thanks in advance,

-Patrick