cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to segment customers based on number of orders?

Is there a way to segment customers based on number of orders?

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way of creating lists based on customer information, but can't seem to do so without doing it all manually (I'm currently copying and pasting and cross referencing 3 different spreadsheets with Magento).

So for instance, if I want to know how many customers have ordered more than once, from October 1st to November 1st, how would I do this?

Ideally the information would be exportable as CSV or excel compatible, and would contain data fields such as Name, Address, Number of Orders, Category Ordered From, Email Address, Date of Order etc.

Is there a plug in for this kind of segmentation?

Would it work for Community Edition?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is there a way to segment customers based on number of orders?

Hi @annajames

You can have a look at this extension https://amasty.com/magento-advanced-customer-segments.html

It will hep you to segment customers in many ways, including by the orders info. Here are some examples of segmentation by order parameters:

• The number of days passed form first completed order;
  • The number of days passed form last completed order;
  • Payment method;
  • Shipping method;
  • The number of orders made by a customer plus additional product attributes;  
  • The total number of products ordered by a customer plus additional product attributes;
  • Total sales amount;
  • Average order value.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: Is there a way to segment customers based on number of orders?

You can also try a simple Recency, Frequency and Monetary (RFM) analysis. For your needs you could lean your analysis towards the Frequency metric, give it a bit more weightage compared to the others and score your customers on a sliding scale. It could be done manually in an excel file (which would defeat the purpose of you seeking a solution) or you could use tools like Greyferret which automate the process.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer-segmentation-retention-with-greyferret.html

I think you can build segments, based on RFM and also feed the analysis back into your marketing programs.