We have an existing blog site based on Joomla. We are now adding the store capabilities to the site and we have narrowed down Magento for store/cart support. Going forward we will need to add features like single sign on, blog to cart, cart to blog, track user behaviour across store and blog.
We have multiple options available with us to proceed with the integration:
1. Retain blog on Joomla and create APIs for integration.
2. Move blog to Magento
3. Use some extension to integrate joomla and magento (not sure if one exists out there)
4. Port blog to Wordpress (Apparently there are some good extensions for Wordpress/Magento integration, however it is an effort we want to avoid)
5. Any other option, please advice??
Unfortunately, we have not been able to find any good success stories with any of the approaches. Please advice if you have worked with blog and store combination and what worked for you and what didn't.
Appreciate your inputs.
@tarunjs You can integrate Joomla with Magento, extensions are available.
However Wordpress magento integration also easy - free extension available
So both Joomla and Wordpress are open. Best approach is making checklist of points what you are looking for your store, as Magento is very popular community so you should definitely get support of your list.
Thanks @AGM2507 for a quick response.
Just wanted to understand if you have used Madgebridge and it is proven to be scalable and stable. Another point I missed earlier was, Joomla and Magento will be on seperate domains.
Checklist with respect to what we want to achieve is simple:
0. Single sign on
1. Blog to cart. If user is reading an article about a product and wishes to buy it, he can simply add that to the cart from the blog.
2. Store to Blog: If a user is browsing a product and wants to read about that product, we should be able to list associated blogs on the store page.
3. Track user behaviour, what he buys and what he reads.
@tarunjs 0,2 and 3 points are easily achievable. However for 1 points, appearing from blog page customers should do add to cart and probably you might using Joomla Or Wordpress, so you need to make interface here in order to add products into cart from blog page. Here you need to apply extra efforts and money.
Plus, if you don't want to add extra efforts then put link of product of respected product blog with this you won't need to write extra code. make sense ?