cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make attributes dependent on each other?

Make attributes dependent on each other?

Is there a way to make a configurable product have its attributes dependent on each other? 

For example, someone is buying the configurable product 'Car X', but they must select the model type 'SLT model' (attribute 1), after they select the model type, they must only be shown the warranties (attribute 2) that are for that 'SLT model' (attribute 1).

Is there some documentation on how to do this?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Make attributes dependent on each other?

Hi @nickwhawkr4637,

I am trying to catch up with your required functionality, But Here hope this Magento2 Part Finder Extension would help for your need to set different types of attributes for various cars in your store. Kindly check it.

If my answer is helpful, then give kudos and accept as solution

Best regards
madhuboots

That looks cool but I am trying to do that on the product page level. Attributes on a configurable product I want dependent on each other.

Hi @nickwhawkr4637 

Then approach that extension provider for customization if it would be possible at product level. All the best.

Best regards
madhuboots

Hello @nickwhawkr4637

You might want to consider our Advanced Product Options extension. It allows creating option dependencies on the product level (unfortunately, not attribute dependencies but option ones).

For more details, please refer to https://marketplace.magento.com/mageworx-module-advancedproductoptions.html

---------------------------------------------------------

If you find our answer useful, please give 'Kudos' or 'Accept as Solution'.

@nickwhawkr4637 

Hello,

About your doubts, I have the exact same problem... did you get any solution? some module?

I've researched it in many places and I can't find exactly what you reported.

@nickwhawkr4637 

Thanks a lot for the help!!
Hug