I am wondering if there is a way to disable payments and manually quote shipping/postage after an order is placed?
1. I'm thinking of somehow turning off payment options and only leaving cheque/money order.
Would this hide the CC form?
2. Then adding a Free postage option - but customise the name to something like "Postage: We will manually quote your postage fee and get back to you within 24hrs."
3. Then somehow on the orders in the backend of magento manually add a postage price to their order, hit invoice then have the customer pay via phone or in person.
You just need to enable the payment method and then it will display on the frontend to customer. So set the payment according to your requirements.
Can you specify, the way you calculate the postage price for any particular order?
Thanks, so how they want it to work is a bit like this.
- The customers are wholesalers and they need to work out shipping prices once the customers have placed an order.
- The admin then jumps into magento and edits the order, adds a custom shipping price and hits invoice.
- The customer then pays in person or via the phone.
These apps seam to do the job:
I have a similar problem but I don't want to disable CC payments. I just want the customer to check out normally with a CC, but then I can add shipping to their order and manually process it. I also don't want to show two separate holds on the customer's credit card.