cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Tenant Content Provider Store (Role Manipulation?) -- Possible?

Multi-Tenant Content Provider Store (Role Manipulation?) -- Possible?

Hello everyone.

Our company is looking to make the jump into Magento 2 and there is one question that I haven't been able to figure out an answer to.

We are building out a marketplace whereby content vendors can come in and sell their own content offerings.  Each vendor is going to need to be able to access the administrative platform to post their own products/offerings.  So, what I want to know is whether I can have multi-tenant single site install whereby content vendors can come into the admin panel and see a custom dashboard for them with only their products/offerings.  Pretty much their own website store within the confines of a single Magento install, versus each content vendor having their own website.

I would imagine that it is possible, but with a lot of custom programming, unless I am missing a paid extension that already does this or a way that is native to Magento to handle this.

I am not sure if this explanation explained the problem thoroughly or thought of all of the angels, so please let me know if you have any questions to further delve into the proper answer.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Multi-Tenant Content Provider Store (Role Manipulation?) -- Possible?

The only thing so far I have seen similar to this is here: https://secure.unirgy.com//products/umarketplace/magento-multi-vendor-marketplace

However it is only offered for Magento 1.x series. I would contact the developer to see if they have any plans on a 2.0 series.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com