cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery Box Two Drop Down Options

Mystery Box Two Drop Down Options

Good Afternoon,

The website that I work for is trying to create a mystery box item for apparel. We have it set as a Configurable Product but the issue I'm running into is we need two separate drop down options so that in the box we can have tops and bottoms.

Currently, we have the attribute set for apparel applied to it but it only displays sizes XS-XXXL. I would like to have another option showing pant sizes like 30-42. Is something like this possible to display at the product page on the website?

Sincerely,

Ian Wixted

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mystery Box Two Drop Down Options

Hi Ian,

If you use a Bundled Product, you'd be able to display both dropdowns. Here's a sample of what this can look like: https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/Resources/Images/storefront-product-bundle.pnghttps://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/Resources/Images/storefront-product-bundle.png

So you could have one dropdown for Mystery Shirt, with all of the available sizes, and then another dropdown for Mystery Pants, with all of the available sizes. This will also allow you to manage inventory for both items separately (the tops and the bottoms) so that shoppers can see what's actually in-stock and available. Prices can also be impacted by selections, so, for instance, XXXL might cost more than XL.

For a quicker / simpler solution, you could potentially use Product Options. For instance, if you create a simple product called a Mystery Outfit, and then use Product Options to simply ask users their Top Size and Bottom Size, you may have everything that you need. 

Happy Selling!

Re: Mystery Box Two Drop Down Options

Thank you for the quick response, rrand!

Looks like I got it to work, but may have done something wrong. Is there a way for the separate drop downs to display the sizing? Because right now it is displaying the simple products I added to the bundle. dropdown.jpg