cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical and Downloadble product

SOLVED

Physical and Downloadble product

Hi All, 

I'm fairly new to Magento. I am trying to make a store where I can sell digital prints.

I want to offer both the option to buy a physical print but also allow the customer to select the option to download a digital copy instead of purchasing an actual print. 

I have tried using configurable products but can't seem to figure out a way of doing this. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm sure it must be as I guess it's the same as people offering ebooks or physical books I guess. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Physical and Downloadble product

I think I would do this as a grouped product with two simple products associated. One simple product would by the physical version, the other would be a downloadable product for the digital version. On the product page, a grouped product shows as a table by default where customers can choose the quantity of each. This means that they can buy either or both. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think I would do this as a grouped product with two simple products associated. One simple product would by the physical version, the other would be a downloadable product for the digital version. On the product page, a grouped product shows as a table by default where customers can choose the quantity of each. This means that they can buy either or both. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

That's perfect! Thanks Tom.

Now I just need to figure out how to get 17,000 products imported with all the different variations!

Does it make sense? Now a lot of e-books can be downloaded for free.

About downloadable e-books. You need to come here - https://www.ratrating.com/tops/culture/free-ebooks/us . Almost all e-books can be found here. At least my personal library has expanded thanks to the sites in this ranking. When I search for never met a case when I didn't find what I needed.