cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size and Colour assignment to existing configurable products

Size and Colour assignment to existing configurable products

Hello everyone,

we are experiencing a major problem with EDIT of configurations in existing configurable products. We are trying to add new colours with assigned pictures. However, this is not possible as if I click the EDIT CONFIGURATIONS button the system requires me to upload agin the already existing configurations pictures together with the new ones. The issue is that I am re-uploading existing information, which burdens my server, it takes tons of time and actually I do the same thing all over again. So basically if i have a t-shirt which current stock is 3 colours each with 7 sizes and in 3 months I receive 5 more colours, each with 5 sizes, I am not able to add any other variations to the configurations, but have to re-upload existing pictures together with the new ones. So basically I want to add colour variation only for the new colours. What is the solution to edit existing configurable products and add variations to the existing ones or even add attributes to the current variation? Besides the ADD PRODUCTS MANUALLY is not workable option as I have to create new product each time I receive new colour or size and add it to the configurable product. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Size and Colour assignment to existing configurable products

Hello @alexvelkov9733 

That is possible to edit the data of exiting products. you can just export all your products from the export feature of the Magento and then add the new color, Images, and size for those products. After that, re-upload the file.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation

@dipmegpro thanks so much for the fast response. However, for me that is insane that Magento is lacking such basic options and you have to rate the time and energy on doing in much more complicated rather than as simple as it could be. Actually, I found many other basic option which are not available and for such big platform, which is sales related I think is very disappointing. Thanks anyways Smiley Happy

good post like it

The topic here being shared is all about Size and Colour assignment to existing configurable products, so if you are into something like that then this ite will be a great source for those who can share it with he rest of the community, so try education dissertation help soon.