cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Root Category with all of the products listed in the subcategories

Updating the Root Category with all of the products listed in the subcategories

I have a website www.fashionxonline.com. Currently working on updating the categories by condensing everything into a few root categories. For example, I have Women's, Kid's, and Men's Clothes and instead of having each of those on a separate root category I wanted to condense them under the root category 'Clothes' and then each of those having a subcategory. My question is can ,or how, do I update the Root category 'Clothes' to display upon selecting it all of the clothes contained within the women's, kid's and men's clothes? You can visit my webpage to get a better understanding of what I am talking about. Currently when selecting the 'Clothes' items it only lists two items that I managed to update myself by having to go to each product individually and updating it that way but that can take forever with 200+ items in each subcategory.

Web Developer/Marketing Expert
1 REPLY 1

Re: Updating the Root Category with all of the products listed in the subcategories

Why can't you simply drag your categories into the appropriate location in admin?

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!