cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What product type do I choose for a hamper offer?

SOLVED

What product type do I choose for a hamper offer?

I need to create a food hamper, which contains multiple food products which are set up as individual Simple products, i.e. chocolate, bottle of wine, bag of crisps. I don't want the customer to be able to customize the hamper at all and the hamper will be sold at a fixed price.

Which product type do I use, Bundle or Grouped product?

Are there any specific settings I need to choose to stop the customer from being able to customize the hamper contents?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What product type do I choose for a hamper offer?

Hi @halllou1988695 

You can keep one item only for each type and do the required yes from the admin.

I hope it will help you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @halllou1988695,

As per your requirement I will suggest to create bundle product. Bundle product can be shipped together or separately. You can set required for each and minimum quantity. It is also added into cart as a single item. But in group product. products are added into cart separately, then customer can remove any of them from cart and change quantity.

for more info: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-create-bundle.html

I have also attached screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot from 2020-03-15 07-31-42.pngScreenshot from 2020-03-15 07-30-59.png

I hope it will help you!

Great, thanks for this!

I just wasn’t sure how you stop any customization of the hamper on the front end as all the examples I’ve seen show that the customer can amend the hamper items with bundles.

Thanks

Hi @halllou1988695 

You can keep one item only for each type and do the required yes from the admin.

I hope it will help you!

Hello,

I recommend you to use Bundle product, because it acts like one body. it carries parts that are hardly sold separately. In Grouped products, It can be sold separately.