cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i import multiple image via .csv file ???

can i import multiple image via .csv file ???

actully i have many products each have 3-4 images and when i import using .csv ,

how to add multiple images ???

please tell me

11 REPLIES 11

Re: can i import multiple image via .csv file ???

Hello.

First of all, place all images you are going to upload to media/import folder at your FTP.

Next  you need to work over our import file. For example, if you are planning to add 5 images to one and the same product
you need in _media_image column of your file add image name with leading backslash. Each image should be in next line, have a look at the screenshot -

as you can see to one and the same product (the same SKU) 5 images added in file

As for other fields related to images -

• _media_lable - some text as image lable (note lable => this is not a typo!)
  • _media_attribute_id - the id of your media gallery - check ID at Attributes - Manage attributes section or export one product with images and verify this id
  • _media_is_disabled - value = 0
  • _media_position - number to indicate position from 1 to ...

Moreover, in case you need your images to be marked as small, base and thumbnail you need to have images the separate columns of your import file. Like -

Hope this helps.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

This was helpful but doesn't seem relevant for 1.9. In 1.9 you need to use `sku` and `gallery`, (I also like to set as a bare minimum, `image`, `small_image`, and `thumbnail`). As you can imagine, `gallery` is an array of images, which is expressed as a semi-colon delimited list e.g. `/name1.jpg;/name2.jpg` relative to `/media/import`. 

I am looking for the specifics to importing images with 1.9 and can't find it!  Your reply is helpful jfieist, can you either provide more details or a link to the official reference on this?  By the way, "Help on this page" in Magento 1.9 does not actually take you to the correct help reference, instead a main page at Magento (it use to work better)..

Karl..

Hey Kstubs,

if you have created the fresh store, then you can do is

1. put the "product" folder into the media -> catalog

2. merge it with the older product folder or simply paste the folder into the catalog folder.

3. after that, then upload your csv for the products.

Another way,

If the above mentioned method doesn't work for you, then you should create a folder in the media folder with name "import", and then put all the images into that folder(take care of the folder you copy, always copy the folder which are present in the product folder from where the products have been exported and then copy all the folder and then paste it in the new one where you want to import the products) and then import the products.

Note:- Whenever you import products, first thing to do is to copy the product images folder "product" into the media -> catalog because the path is already mentioned in the csv, it just needs images that is to be found on that specific path.

hope this will work for you too..

Hey, there is no column called "gallery" in magento 1.9.2.2. I tried to add products manually with multiple images and then exported them.

The csv file had a column "_media_image" where it included multiple images on new lines with their positions.

Is there any way out to include "gallery" column again??? 

Hello,

could you give me a tip for any specification for import/export format? Is there any documentation how to create import csv? I think it could be helpful.

Best regards,

Daniel Bierza

@bierza

If you mean format of columns headers and information in columns for Magento import to accept and recognize your CSV, you can check the article -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

You want to create csv for import !!

There is different column structure for the simple products and configurable products and grouped product. And there are approx 115 columns and the associative products of the configurable and grouped are having different structure. So it's better for you to just export from the older magento store and import it or you can search for an extension if available....

Look at this extension, very good to add bulk images in products

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/quick-product-image.html