cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commission for developers not sellers

SOLVED

commission for developers not sellers

Hi everyone,

I am a developer that hasn't explored Magento but have done some reading and tutorials to get up to speed. I need to build multiple e-commerce stores for multiple different suppliers (different in terms of their own e-commerce store, not a multi seller account). I have done some reading to find ways of setting up multiple sites on the one dedicated server with their own URLs however I have taken the approach to charge commission for what they sell. Do we have any plugins that allow me to calculate commission for my own earnings across all multiple e-commerce stores I setup? Is it possible to have all separate e-commerce stores linking to one backend dashboard? Just trying to work out the best approach before I dig into the setups.

Much appreciated for your time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: commission for developers not sellers

Every approach to this has been done using the Enterprise Edition of the software. Yes it can be done, however you really need to have a written gameplan (I've done one of these sites before) to make it successful. I don't know of a commission extension, however you could easily just write a Magento Report that does this.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Every approach to this has been done using the Enterprise Edition of the software. Yes it can be done, however you really need to have a written gameplan (I've done one of these sites before) to make it successful. I don't know of a commission extension, however you could easily just write a Magento Report that does this.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

A very good point kab8609 on reporting terms and I guess I was looking for an easy solution before creating a scope on this setup. Thanks again and will explore the Enterprise Edition.