cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer's email address is not on new order notices

customer's email address is not on new order notices

I am trying to fgure out why the customer's email address is not showing up on the notice i get of a new order - i'm told by our programmer that Magento doesn't do this, but i find that hard to believe.  can someone direct me on how to get the customer's email address to show up on our "new order" notice?

thank you.

Carol

3 REPLIES 3

Re: customer's email address is not on new order notices

Hi,
I've just 'gone live' and also struggling to believe this crucial piece of information is not showing on order forms/invoices.

I presume that the absence of a response means that it is still not an option.

Did you get any satisfactory answer Carol?

Thanks, Morgen.

HI Morgen,

Sad to say you are correct, no email on the order notice! Unbelieveable. Honestly this software was one of the worst decisions we made. We've had nothing but problems.

Sorry to bear you the bad news.

Thanks

carol

I'm sorry to hear that this has been a frustration for you both with Magento!

I'd like to ask a couple of clarifying questions to see if I can help you get it sorted out.

1) Are you using Magento 1 or Magento 2?

2) When you talk about an order email, are you talking about the New Order Confirmation email that is sent to the customer or a different email message, perhaps one being sent to you?

It is possible to customize the emails in Magento to a certain degree without TOO much work and adding in the customer's email address really shouldn't be that difficult. Depending on which email we're talking about you might even be able to do it through the admin.

I'll watch for more info from you! Good luck.

Director of Solutions @ Classy Llama
MCSS, MCFED, MCD & Certification Board Member