Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want some information before I start to learn magento

SOLVED

I want some information before I start to learn magento

Hello,

I like to know to build smal webshops:

1-is Magento beter than Drupal to build smal webshops?

2-the same question I ask is magento beter than wordpress with woocommerce to build smal company webshops?

2-is there good forum sites when I get problems when building websites with magento?

thanks

johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I want some information before I start to learn magento

I would recommend Magento over Drupal, Magento is exclusively built for e-commerce, where Drupal traditionally is a cms.   Now if you're going to have a lot content for your site with the shopping, then I might go with Drupal Commerce if you're already familiar with Drupal.

2-the same question I ask is magento beter than wordpress with woocommerce to build smal company webshops?

I have used both platforms for clients, again clients that have a lot of content, but very little online sale tend to be better of with Woocommerce (Ex. Flower Shop).  Sites that are more towards online sale, but less focus on content use Magento CE (Ex. Clothing/Apparel).

If security is a major concern for you, then Magento is always the better choice.

2-is there good forum sites when I get problems when building websites with magento?

community.magento.com

magento.stackexchange.com

stackoverflow.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I would recommend Magento over Drupal, Magento is exclusively built for e-commerce, where Drupal traditionally is a cms.   Now if you're going to have a lot content for your site with the shopping, then I might go with Drupal Commerce if you're already familiar with Drupal.

I have used both platforms for clients, again clients that have a lot of content, but very little online sale tend to be better of with Woocommerce (Ex. Flower Shop).  Sites that are more towards online sale, but less focus on content use Magento CE (Ex. Clothing/Apparel).

If security is a major concern for you, then Magento is always the better choice.

community.magento.com

magento.stackexchange.com

stackoverflow.com

Thanks ,

johannes