cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stock message

Custom stock message

Hi all

We are in the middle of migrating from openCart to Magento 2. So far, so good. But, we require a method/extension that can replace Magento's defaiult stock position of "in Stock" We don't require much, just a method of replacing it with something like "Pre-Order" or "Usually ships in 2-3 days". There are clearly many extensions that purport to do this, but I'm looking for one that ideally can be edited via API. We use Filemaker and have intergrated many of the instructions via API or SQL. 

Any suggestions?

Eric

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Custom stock message

@eric_joseph Do you only want to change "in stock" text or call API for that message. Both cases are possible. 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Via API, I want to have the ability to change the "in stock" on the storefront for individual products, to something like, "Pre-Order".

Eric

@eric_joseph Yes, you can do this via API. Let me know if you need more information. Cheers!

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Thank you. I ended purchasing the Custom Stock Status for Magento 2 from Amasty. Going to see how I get on. It looks quite straightforward. Thank you all for your responses.

Eric