cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Blog Module

Fast Blog Module

I'm looking for a blog module for Magento 2 with a really fast loading speed. My blog is packed with pretty many videos and pictures as well, so I really need a genuine fast one. Any suggestion for the best one out there would be great!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Fast Blog Module

To be honest, you'll probably get pretty much the same speed from any of the popular blog extension. There's not much you can do wrong from a performance perspective with a blog extension. It's a pretty basic CRUD app. (I'm sure some developer can prove me wrong though).

If you're worried about performance because of images and video, the problem here is more likely to be frontend speed.  I'd recommend ensuring that the images are optimised to avoid wasted bandwidth. If you want to go above and beyond, I would recommend customising the theme so that images are lazy loaded in that way they don't delay page load if they're not in the frame of the page. That's above and beyond though. 

Videos I'd recommend hosting elsewhere. Hosting for Magento isn't going to be optimised for hosting large videos files. It'll be much cheaper and more effective to host elsewhere and embed into your blog posts. 

Finally, I'd recommend getting a CDN set up, like CloudFlare which I love. It'll reduce the bandwidth costs by caching these kinds of assets. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Adam,

For your request, you can use Magento 2 Blog Extension on Landofcoder. This extension is working so fast on my site.

Let's review outstanding Features:

• Start your blog in 1 minute
  • Fully Responsive & Mobile Optimized
  • Multiple stunning layouts & post styles
  • Live Editor: Change font size, background color, border color, layout, etc
  • Live Preview & schedule post with ease
  • Display images or video ( Youtube/Vimeo) in blog with ease
  • Fast search blog posts by keyword
  • Show "Related posts" anywhere using widget
  • Easily arrange posts in each category.
  • [New] 14+ Social Networks Integrated
  • [New] Add vote: like/dislike buttons
  • Show/hide author profile
  • [New] Import Blog From Wordpress
  • Comment management with approval, captcha, and email notification feature.
  • Multiple Magento Stores Supported
  • SEO Optimized, Multi-lingual Language & RTL Support
  • Smoothly integrates into any theme
  • Fast speed with Magento Block Caching

Note: You will get Free Magento Installation Service on Landofcoder. 

Hope that it will help you well.

Thanks a lot,

Hi @Adam_Robinson

The advice on optimizing site speed, compressing images, etc give above is really useful.

Here is a blog extension you can try - Blog Pro for Magento 2, its advantage is that it doesn't require any integrations with other CMS like WP, it build a blog right in your Magento.

But no matter how good this mod can be and how clean its code is, you will still need to make some speed optimizations yourself starting with media content.

Good luck!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

This Magento 2 Blog Extension will fix your needs ! Itis  the most perfect one in aspects of Features, Price and Support. Magento 2 Blog Extension have several advanced features in addition of the similar ones with others Blog Extension. I will name 2 of them which you may be most interested in - “Best SEO Practices” and “Social Sharing Buttons”. The “Best SEO Practices” feature assist your store on increasing rank on the search results page by tools such as SEO-friendly URLs, XML Sitemap or Meta Data Information when “Social Sharing Buttons” feature stimulate your customers to share your post on social network.

One of the most popular Magento blogs made by Aheadworks offers a lot of valuable every-day and from-time-to-time features, including post mass actions and M1 to M2 or WordPress to Magento 2 migration opportunities.

The extension is suitable for any kind and size of ecommerce. More info you can find here:

Product page - https://goo.gl/yjJsjs

Demo store - https://goo.gl/Uwkwmf

Hi @Adam_Robinson 

I'd like to suggest you Advanced Blog – Magento 2 Extension

This is a wonderful blog extension with many useful features. Advanced Blog helps to create attractive blog posts to attract potential customers. Besides creating blog posts, you can also allow users to add comments.

Key Features:

• Fully Customizable Interface
  • Create Visually Attractive Content
  • Blog Under A Particular Category
  • Visitors Can Post Comments
  • Set Comments Limit
  • Ability To Display Blog In Slider
  • Increase Store Traffic
  • Provides Communication Platform

Magento Blog extension by Magefan is really the best one I can recommend you currently. It already has more than 230 000 installs. It is FREE and has more out-of-box features any other free extension out there offers. Some of the particular features are: 

• Responsive Design
  • Multi-layer Categories
  • Multi-layer Tags
  • Comment engines
  • RSS Feed Optimization
  • Blog XML Sitemap
  • SEO-friendly URLs
  • WYSIWYG editor 
  • Post Search Widget. 
  • Blog Categories Tree Widget.
  • Tags Cloud Widget.
  • Recent and Featured Posts Widgets.
  • Archive Widget.
  • Author’s Block
  • Related Posts Feature
  • Blog Author Feature
  • Blog Import Feature 
  • Related Blog Posts & Products
  • Media Gallery
  • Auto-publishing on Facebook
  • Social Share Buttons
  • Multi-store & Multi-website Support

Magefan also offers you the Magento 2 Multi Blog extension that allows implementing 2 separate blogs with completely similar functionality.