cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I track sources of registrations?

How can I track sources of registrations?

I would love to see sources (referrers) of my registered users.

Example:
Registered user A - referrer: quora.com/xyz (a user clicked on a backlink on quora.com/xzy website...)
Registered user B - referrer: google.com
Registered user C - referrer: example.com/zzz
Registered user D - referrer: example2.com/xxx

How can I achieve that, is there any ready-made extension? Or what data should I automatically send to GAnalytics (now I can only see a number of registrations from a specific source/not a conrete registrations/users).

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How can I track sources of registrations?

Hi @peter_loncki,

You can get the referer using the header "HTTP_REFERER". Please check below screenshot. I landed on the StackOverflow page from Google and the referer is showing as google.co.in.

image.png

In Magento using "request" object you can get this value - $this->getRequest()->getServer('HTTP_REFERER'); 

In brief, create an observer which triggers on "controller_action_predispatch" event, read the 'HTTP_REFERER' header from the request object and save it somewhere in the DB.

This post will help you if you know Magento coding - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12599945/magento-approach-saving-referer-url-and-keywords

--------
Give Kudos if it helped or if problem is solved Accept it as a solution

Hi @kalyanchakri,

Perfect! Thank you. It would be great to save these referrer details about every visitor/user to an analytics tool. Do you know any that could be integrated with my Magento store?