cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i add alt tags on magento websites

How can i add alt tags on magento websites

Website store has been made on Magento but i don't know how to add alt tags on magento as i always have worked on wordpress websites. Kindly help if anybody knows about it.

https://www.xcentricservices.com/shop/surface-go/

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can i add alt tags on magento websites

Hi, 

If you want to add them one by one, go to Catalog / Products, select the needed item, scroll to Images tab, open the picture and you'll see the Alt form on the right.

For bulk uploads of alts, you'll need some custom code or custom modules, e.g. importing .csv via Store Manager software.

Hello @sheikhsubha35e 

The default Magento gets the product/category name at place of ALT tag if you don't put any alt tag on image, but if you add any tag externally, it will override, I would rather suggest you to go with ALT SEO extension where you can manage ALT tags by different patterns for ex : {name}-{sku}  /  {name}-{short-description} so making like this externally will take so much efforts so you can use any extension or change the default behaviour of SKU showing on frontend.

Or the default is to run a file upload of product/category images with ALT tags Smiley Happy

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

I'd advise using the extension for that. You don't have to do anything with the code. All you need to do is to set the Alt tags in the admin and that's all. 

Magento 2 Hreflang Extension allows you to do that easily. It will improve the store switching and make a great influence on SEO allowing the search engines to guide people to the corresponding store view.

The Magento 2 SEO extension by Mageplaza must be a great solution for you. With this extension, you only install without any code modifications. Especially, if you need to insert alt tags, meta keywords, and meta descriptions for your product, it is also friendly with your store. From that, it will do perfectly for your better SEO.

I'm Huy Dao, Digital Marketing at Mageplaza. Mageplaza is a dedicated leading extension builder for Magento 2
https://www.mageplaza.com/