cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ship multiple products from one category for $7.00, and FedEx live rates for all others?

How do I ship multiple products from one category for $7.00, and FedEx live rates for all others?

We are running Magento CE 1.8.1 and are using FedEx live rates based on weight on all of our products.

What we need to do is be able to ship any number of products from a single category "Millefiori" for a flat rate of $7.00 (because the products are so small, and use FedEx live rates for any other products purchased.

Say 20 products are purchased from the category for Millefiori, and one other product from a different category is purchased.  We only want to charge $7.00 shipping for the 20 Millefiori products, and have this added to the FedEx rate for any other products purchased. 

I have found an extension that lets you ship by category with flat rate but it looks like it would charge $7.00 for each Millefiori product (instead of multiple Millefiori products):

Please, how can we accomplish this?  I've checked Google and Magento forums and do not see any extensions that will let us set flat rate shipping for multiple products for a single category and combine with FedEx live rate shipping for products purchased from any other category.

Thanks in advance!

MissV

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How do I ship multiple products from one category for $7.00, and FedEx live rates for all others

Hi @amyvos

I think this method will help you out and not the one you mentioned:

You can give the customer discount from the product price when the purchase is made from that particular category.

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: How do I ship multiple products from one category for $7.00, and FedEx live rates for all others

Unfortunately, Magento doesn't allow assigning multiple shipping methods to one order.

The only workaround in this case is using a multi address checkout - thus, you will be able to assign different shipping methods to the same shipping address.