Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images as swatches

Images as swatches

Hi..

I'm looking for something like what you see here:

https://www.petallica.co.uk/index.php/flowers/garlands.html

The product "200CM HYDRANGEA FLOWER GARLAND" and its colour derivatives appear as separate products.  Its a configurable product.  

Even if you click one of the child items like green for example, it will allow you to choose one of the other colours.  At present on the Magento 2 store, clicking a child item will only show that specific variant.  Only way to see all is by clicking the actual configurable.

And I want the image thumbnails to be the colour swatch just like it is here.  I know Magento allows a solid colour block but that's not quite suitable for me.  

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Images as swatches

Hello @zap263,

I understand what you actually looking for on your magento but in this https://www.petallica.co.uk/index.php/flowers/garlands/200cm-hydrangea-flower-garland.html product link there is no option to select the multiple colors at the same time but it only allows to select single color with image swatches. please review that product and confirm about your need.

Actually in magento color filled box will only shown to the customer and allowing them to choose but you asking for image swatches as in the product link.

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

@zap263 you can use the extension for showing image swatches so that images will be shown and when you select the image that prduct will be selected.

But you can choose single color at a time.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply @madhuresan_ramanan 

I dont need it to allow clicking multiple colours at the same time.  I just like the swatches being images of the actual products rather than a plain colour block.  This example site is built on Magento 1 with an extension that was later heavily modified.  

The other thing about it is that clicking on a simple item takes you to the configurable item page.  So if say I only came across the green one and I liked it, when clicked I would still be presented with other colour options which I could purchase along with.

I've been unsuccessful in finding an extension to do this.  I've searched 'swatch' and 'configurable' and checked every result but no luck.

@Rahul Gupta 

Thanks for responding.  Can you point me to an extension you know of?  I've checked every result that came up for 'configurable' and 'swatch' but no luck.  

Hello @zap263,

"

The other thing about it is that clicking on a simple item takes you to the configurable item page.  So if say I only came across the green one and I liked it, when clicked I would still be presented with other colour options which I could purchase along with."

From the above text what you actually want to do? could you explain clearly?

Best regards

Madhuresan

Bootsgrid

@madhuresan_ramanan 

Basically I would like there to be the capability to switch to it's 'sibling' products on the detail page.

So customer see's the green when browsing and clicks on it.  Then once in the listing, they might say 'oh the pink looks nice too' and click it and buy that too.

This Petallica site is mine too.  Would it be difficult porting it over to M2?  I have literally 0 coding knowledge so would need it doing.

Thanks.