cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layered navigation for current category only

Layered navigation for current category only

Before I start working on my own extension, I'll try to ask it here. Perhaps somebody has it already covered:

Right now category "is Anchor" option does two thing: a) it activates layered navigation and b) it includes products from all subcategories. 

What I want to achieve is to have is Anchor functionality which does only a).

Basically I have a category that has number of subcategories. I'd like to use layered navigation for products from this category only. What I DO NOT want is to have product from its subcategories show up in list. 

Any suggestions?

Tanel Raja
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Layered navigation for current category only

Hi @Pronto,

In case you haven't find out yet, Magento 2 Layered Navigation may solve your problem.

This extension includes multiple values filtering feature. But if you want to display the product of the whole category, all you have to do is make sure all the subcategories is unchecked. (See the pictures below)

Untitled.png1.png

Hope it's helpful for you!

Layered Navigation for Magento 2 module is one of the best Layered Navigation extensions for Magento 2 webstore. This tool has advanced filtration facility with price navigation bar that allow shoppers to filter product with multiple attributes like color, price, category, store, rating.

Users can select multiple options also to filter product. The result will be shown on same page using Ajax technology.

If you are interested in this module then know the complete functionalities and how to use this effective tool on your Magento 2 store: https://www.magesolution.com/magento2-layered-navigation.html

Able to display multi-options for the Category filter
Able to display price slider control
Able to filter the search results by price range
Able to filter the search results by multi-select in one attribute
Able to filter the search results by multi-attributes
Enhance your site performance with fast AJAX loading
Allow admin to enable/ disable Ajax Loading
Easy to install, easy to upgrade
HTML/ CSS and W3C validation
Friendly and flexible configuration
Cross-browsers compatibility
Fully Responsive & Mobile Optimized

Dear @Pronto,

if the problem has not been solved, another option you may want to look at Magento 2 Custom Layered Navigation extension from ITORIS INC. This module will allow your visitors to use layered navigation by filtering their search results by multiple attributes including color swatches and categories at the same time. In addition to that, you'll be able to expand and collapse attributes, enable the price slider, generate URLs including all chosen attributes and speed up filtering via the built-in AJAX.