cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place an order on behalf of customer in front end, Any extension does this?

Place an order on behalf of customer in front end, Any extension does this?

Is there a plugin or extension like this? I'm a sales rep on field, I talk to customers and place orders on behalf of them.

So I'm logged into my magento account (front end), I can choose any customer in the customers contact list and I can add items for that customer and check out, the customer gets an order notification e-mail. No payment information required by the way.

So instead of my customers order from my website, I'm using my account and do it for them. At checkout page, I don't have to type customer info, I can choose customer already in customer list in magento from drop down or something and the info gets filled.

There are apps made for sales representative like this but I want to make it with magento for cheap price.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Place an order on behalf of customer in front end, Any extension does this?

Hi @Quaker

Well you can use Login As Custom Extension - which is freely available !!

Actually what this extension will do from the backend there is option called Login as  - so by clicking on that button you are able to logged in customer 's account - then you can add product to customer 's cart !

then on the other end customer is already logged in to there cart so they can see the product which you have added in cart , you can also choose their pre-build address  from checkout as well - so i think this is suitable for your requirement ! i know you needed this from frontend but it is available from admin - you can create limited permission sales account from backend and use this functionality for the same !

Below is the link for extension : 

https://magefan.com/login-as-customer-magento-2-extension

https://github.com/magefan/module-login-as-customer

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi,

There is also good application that allows to create orders offline for your customers (on phone) called Store Manager for Magento. There you can quickly find customer, then add product, create order and even generate invoice. It is very quickly, in seconds that is important when client waits. You can check the video how it works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12slsM5p5Y

Hi @Quaker,

Thank sounds like default Magento functionality. You go to the admin panel -> Customers and find the one you need. Then click on this customer, and you'll see several action buttons on top. "Creare order" is one of those buttons, please refer to the screenshot.

Screenshot (11).png

I hope that covers your need since you don't have to pay for this default Magento feature.

Aitoc is a group of distinguished web developers that have been building for Magento since 2009.
See our extensions for Magento 2.

You can checkout the Behalf extension to submit payments  

Hello @Quaker

Its Magento default feature, no need of extension if you are taking offline payment from the customer.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

But can you do it as an admin on the front version of a shop? Not in the admin panel.

This is an excellent option for customers who need to place an order quickly but don't have time to browse the entire catalogue. This tutorial will show you how easy it is to place your order and then check out instantly.

Check This Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efMvMyv4ZRA