cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Custom Email after customer uses email code?

Send Custom Email after customer uses email code?

Hi all, 

I'm having trouble here. I want to send an email campaign through our automation platform that urges a certain list of people to purchase and additional product, and if they do, using a coupon code, they will receive a free pdf. 

Ideally it would work: 

Customer receives email > makes a purchase using coupon code > receives an email with a PDF download link. 

What I am having trouble with is finding an extensions that will specifically allow me to send a custom follow up email based on the coupon code that is used. Any help is much appreciate. (we are on magento 1 but we are also doing a web redesign on magento 2 so something that works for both platforms would be best.)  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Send Custom Email after customer uses email code?

Not had to do this before but I think the smallest customisation to go about this is to find an extension that will provide a feature which automatically adds products to cart based on a promotion rule (and promo code). You could use this to add a PDF product to basket for free when they use the coupon code. Sorry, I don't have an extension recommendation for this though. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi qloriaisfake

If you are seeking an extensions that will specifically allow you to send a custom follow up email based on the coupon code that is used, I highly recommend you MAGENTO 2 FOLLOW UP EMAIL .

You can send numerous emails based on customer activities, order status. For example, when customer change order status from pending to fail, the extension will inform them to reorder. Or after customer abandons their checkout on your site, you can send an email to give assistance. Besides, you can send email for customer birthday, abandon the cart, last customer login, customer subscribe to the newsletter, etc.

Secondly, instead of sending for individuals, by using magento 2 follow-up email you can send an email to many customers at the same time. For example, you can send a reminder email to customers who haven't visit your site for a long time with the promotion.

Hey @qloriaisfake,

with a little help from your software developer, you can automate the majority of your workflow with Voucherify:

• sending an automated email with a specific code
  • tracking the coupon redemption
  • sending out another email when the product has been purchased

We've been building a Magento extension and we're happy to get you involved in a test run. Just go to this website and sign-up.

Best,

Mike

I think Automated emails from Perzonalization will do the trick for you. They support both Magento 1 and 2. 

Also have a look at Magento Category Alert is a good utility for your site, this extension will help you to increase interaction between customers and your store by automatically sending new product information to the customers via email.

Front end and subscription

• Show Subscription section in each category
  • Customers can subscribe to any categories they want
  • Customers can login to their account to remove the categories they don't want to get updated with new products
  • When new products are added to the categories of your store, the new products information will be automatically sent to subscribers on those categories

Admin panel functions

• Admin can setup cron job to send email in back-end
  • Admin can update text title and text description for tool tip to show on Subcription section at front end
  • Admin can create different mail templates for different categories, or create one mail template for all categories
  • The list of new products will be added to mail template when being sent to customer

Other features

• 100% open source and easy to install, configure
  • HTML/ CSS and W3C validation