cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set minimum qty for checkout - across multiple catagories

Set minimum qty for checkout - across multiple catagories

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution for the following - Need to specify a min product requirement to allow checkout to proceed based on multiple products from multiple categories.

Example:

Category ID:4, ID:5 and ID:6 – min qty allowed to checkout is ANY 15 products from any of these categories. Products can be mixed and matched from categories but must meet the minimum to proceed.

Category ID:9 and ID:3 – min qty allowed to checkout is ANY 7 products from any of these categories. Products can be mixed and matched from categories but must meet the minimum to proceed.

Better if the category selected can include subcategories.

This is NOT PER CATEGORY - PER PRODUCT, is combination requirement across, multiple products from multiple categories.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Set minimum qty for checkout - across multiple catagories

you need to customize and create a module as following : 

• create a module
  • add an observer like below 
        <event name="sales_quote_item_qty_set_after">
            <observer name="inventory" instance="Magento\CatalogInventory\Observer\QuantityValidatorObserver"/>
        </event>
  • here you can get the item and check qty as per your requirement 

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos Smiley Happy 

Hey, thanks, thats great to know - however this is a level above my skills. Am looking for an extension that will do this for me, or look to find help or pay for someoen to create this fo rme to work. This really isnt something i would be able to achieve on my own - lol Smiley Sad

you can check the below extension as per your needs

https://bsscommerce.com/magento-2-minimum-maximum-order-quantity-per-category-extension.html

https://meetanshi.com/magento-2-limit-quantity-per-category.html

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos Smiley Happy