cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Methods for Products & Categories

Shipping Methods for Products & Categories

Hi, 

We are running Magento ver. 1.9.3.2. 

I am trying to configure Shipping with Amasty Shipping Restrictions but it doesn't seem as if it is going to work for me. So I am on the look out for some new shipping recommendations... 

We have a furniture eCommerce store, some of the products can be shipped to the UK only e.g. Sofas, some products can be shipped to the Ireland only e.g. tables, and some products can be shipped to both the UK & Ireland e.g lamps. I also have different shipping rates for UK/ Ireland e.g. Free, £50 and £100 which I can apply to small or large items. 

This is easy to configure, however I have 2 main issues: 

1. When a lamp and a sofa for e.g. are added to the cart, shipping rules conflict and an error appears on the shipping options. 

2. Two Sofa brands can be shipped to both the UK & Ireland not just the UK like the other Sofas, however, because I have used the sofa category to for one shipping method I cannot add Ireland to it - so it also conflicts in the cart? 

Can anyone recommend a plugin that will solve my issue?  

Many thanks, 

Declan

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Shipping Methods for Products & Categories

Hi @brilliantredltd,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The @Amasty team has presence on the forums so maybe they can help to confirm if the solution will fit for your requirement.

By default, the kind of customization you want is not possible out-of-the-box but using 3rd-party modules you should be able.

The final solution could be to develop the custom module but I'm pretty sure it will be more expensive than a module (but maybe more accurate).

Hello @brilliantredltd

Thanks for using our Shipping Restrictions extension!

For #1, we're implying that you configured two separate restrictions, each of which looks for only one category to block particular shipping method.
Since restrictions are additive, if both restricting rules are in act - all restrictions will be applied.
If one of the methods should appear for mixed orders - please consider adding a condition to check second category's products quantity to that method's restriction.

For #2 (and for #1 as well, to some extent) - our extension supports branching conditions at its finest.
We're implying that right now condition from case #2 is Ireland-specific and looks like:
- If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :
-- Shipping Country is Ireland (or Shipping Postcode is one of [list of Northern Ireland specific postcodes, it depends])
-- If total quantity equals or greater than 1 for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL of these conditions:
--- Category is [Sofa category ID]

Reforming it in following manner should be enough to make it work with specific sofas

- If ANY of these conditions are TRUE :
-- If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :
--- Shipping Country is Ireland (or Shipping Postcode is one of [list of Northern Ireland specific postcodes, it depends])
--- If total quantity equals or greater than 1 for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL of these conditions:
---- Category is [Sofa category ID]
---- Brand is not [brands which should be available in Ireland]
-- If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :
--- Shipping Country is [wherever Sofas shouldn't arrive at all]
--- If total quantity equals or greater than 1 for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL of these conditions:
---- Category is [Sofa category ID]
---- Brand is [brands which should be available in Ireland]

First half of this condition prohibits _some_ sofas for Ireland while second affects non-Ireland sofa-prohibited destinations.

It can be extended to check if shipping destination is England/Scotland/etc, if product-in-question have any particular attribute, etc . The pattern will be more or less the same.
(to use any attribute which is not present by default, you need to enabling 'Use for Promo Rule Conditions' at Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes > [attribute of your choise] > Frontend Properties will be needed)

Hope this helps!

If you have questions on the rules configuration, don't hesitate to contact our support. The guys will answer your questions with screenshots attached, if needed.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Thank you for the reply

I will try this now

Regards,