cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Partner selling extensions for SMTP Email - not really -- they are a one year lease instead.

Silver Partner selling extensions for SMTP Email - not really -- they are a one year lease instead.

A really interesting situation happened today. I researched the Magento Marketplace for an SMTP Email program so that we could use our Gmail accounts to send emails. I thought I had found a good one. The company looked trustworthy and the extension, even though it was a bit pricey, was still reasonable. I read all of the Magento Marketplace info and the offering company's website for all of the details. The one detail that was hidden deep in the last part of the user agreement was that it was a lease and not a sale. In one year I would have had to pay them again if I wanted to continue to use their software or remove it and start all over again. I know some out there don't mind a lease, me either, under certain circumstances, I just didn't like the sleazy way this company represented itself by hiding the fact that it was a lease. What ever happened to "truth in advertising" and why is Magento (a legitimate company) allowing this type of representation on their website???

1 REPLY 1

Re: Silver Partner selling extensions for SMTP Email - not really -- they are a one year lease inste

Hi @redqueensoft, did you need to repurchase to continue using the extension or only to continue to receive updates and support? Please reach out via private message or email connect@magento.com. Thank you!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical