cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two tracking numbers for one order (in house fulfillment + drop ship)

Two tracking numbers for one order (in house fulfillment + drop ship)

Hey everyone,

We're currently using Magento 1.9.2.4 CE + Spark Shipping and Ship Station.

When a customer places an order that contains products partially fulfilled by us and partially fulfilled buy our drop shipper Spark Shipping Breaks them apart and sends the items we ship to Ship Station and the items the drop shipper fulfills to them.  They in turn provide Spark Shipping the tracking number and Spark Shipping enters the tracking number in our customers order.

The problem I'm having is getting the tracking number automatically sent to our customers. We deal in fairly high volumes and I'd prefer to allocate staff to customer service rather than sending tracking numbers. 

I've read a ton of guides but can't seem to make this work without the help of an extension.  Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Two tracking numbers for one order (in house fulfillment + drop ship)

@MagentoNewb2016 Yes you should need extension to send tracking numbers automatically to your customers.  However I have question.

They in turn provide Spark Shipping the tracking number and Spark Shipping enters the tracking number in our customers order.

where they enter tracking number ? there software Or into backend magento order view ?

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Re: Two tracking numbers for one order (in house fulfillment + drop ship)

@GauravMehta04 They enter it at  "Sales" -> "Orders" ->
"Shipping & Handling Information" OR as shown below "Shipments"

:ordertrackinghelp.PNG