cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import export newsletter subscribers

import export newsletter subscribers

i created 3 different websites from a single running store. the websites are created from 3 different categories. I had subscribers with GDPR consent and want to export from the current store and import to these 3 websites so that i can continue sending newsletters to them.

i don't have newsletter subscribers data in a file format, how can i achieve this? I think an extension may help, please suggest

2 REPLIES 2

Re: import export newsletter subscribers

Use Meetanshi's Magento 2 Import Export Newsletter Subscribers extension to export subscribers from the current single website and import them to the 3 websites you have created based on the categories in a single website. 

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

Re: import export newsletter subscribers

To export and import newsletter subscribers with GDPR consent from one store to multiple websites, you'll need to consider a few steps. It's essential to ensure compliance with privacy regulations like GDPR throughout the process. While there may not be a built-in solution for this in some e-commerce platforms, you can explore the following general approach which I tried on my Battery Solutions blog recently:

1. Export Subscribers:

• Identify the method to export subscribers from your current store. This could involve using the export functionality provided by your e-commerce platform or utilizing a third-party extension or tool.
    • Export the subscriber data, ensuring that you only include subscribers who have provided GDPR consent.
  2. Data Cleaning and Formatting:

• Clean and format the exported data if needed. Ensure that the data contains all necessary information and is in a format that can be easily imported into the new websites.
  3. Import to New Websites:

• Check if the e-commerce platforms for your new websites have a built-in import feature for newsletter subscribers. If they do, use this feature to import the cleaned subscriber data.
    • If there isn't a built-in import feature, you might need to explore extensions or third-party tools that can help with importing subscribers. Look for solutions that support GDPR compliance.
  4. GDPR Compliance:

• Throughout the export and import process, ensure that you are compliant with GDPR regulations. This includes obtaining and tracking consent, providing options for subscribers to manage their preferences, and securely handling personal data.
  5. Testing:

• Before sending newsletters, thoroughly test the subscription process and confirm that subscribers are correctly added to the new websites.
  6. Communication with Subscribers:

• Inform your subscribers about the changes, explaining why and how their data is being transferred. Provide them with options to manage their preferences or unsubscribe if they wish.
  7. Legal Consultation:

• If you have any doubts about the GDPR compliance of your export and import process, it's advisable to consult with legal professionals who specialize in data protection and privacy laws.

Remember that each e-commerce platform may have its own specific features and limitations, so you might need to adapt these steps based on the platforms you are using. Always prioritize the privacy and consent of your subscribers to comply with relevant regulations.