Re: Need help with extreme slow performance on large product site

www.hoffmannuhrenshop.ch

and

www.modellbauprofishop.ch

and

www.swiss-watch-shop.ch

are running on the same server

www.swiss-watch-shop.ch is only a coppy from www.hoffmannuhrenshop.ch

If I can find the problem on www.hoffmannuhrenshop.ch so I immidietly make a coppy to www.swiss-watch-shop.ch. But i not have an Idee what is to do. I many times delete the var folder delete the log_user, delete the log_user_info, delete the log_visitor, delete the log_visitor_info, so that the dataspace is small but nothing helps! The www.modellbauprofishop.ch have 10 times more products and is ten times faster realy fast. I see that many many peoples have the same problem with magento so that this seams to be a normal state for Magento that it is slow!?!

Re: Need help with extreme slow performance on large product site

Hello,

By my opinion first thing which you should do: profile  code of website and be sure that problem not there. By my experience usually issue not on the server side. From my practice I remember stores which executed 1000+ db queries to render home page for example. It's not big problem to solve it when you understand how magento works(should work).

Because you have a lot of products on of issue which can be with flat indexes. For one of website with million of products we used nosql database instead of flat indexes that helped a lot. But every solution individual.

<<Snipped>>

Thanks.