cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poor Performance

SOLVED

Hello Finestshops, and thank you so much for the reply!

I have Varnish caching enabled, as seen in the image below:

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have Varnish installed in your server? If Varnish isn't installed, enabling it in Magento Admin will not work. 

Another alternative to Varnish is LiteMage Cache which is a drop-in replacement for Varnish in Magento 2 which is even faster but again you need the server level component installed. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you have Varnish installed in your server? If Varnish isn't installed, enabling it in Magento Admin will not work. 

Another alternative to Varnish is LiteMage Cache which is a drop-in replacement for Varnish in Magento 2 which is even faster but again you need the server level component installed. 

Hello JLHC, 

sorry for being so out of touch, I actually though you just had to enable it from the Admin, sorry. It turns out I don't have it installed in my server, and I have no direct access to it.

I guess I'll ask my hosting support to install it for me. 

Do you reckon enabling it will provide enough of a boost?

Thank you,

Nikos

Yes, Varnish should be good enough even though it's not the fastest solution available. 

Do you have your own server? If you are not the only client in the server, your hosting provider may not be willing to install it for you. 

I'm on a shared hosting, so I'm not that optimistic, I'll try though. If not possible, I'll have to resort to a VPS solution. 

Thank you all for your help!

You're welcome! 

You may not need to go with a VPS as most Magento focused providers will usually support Varnish or LiteMage. 

Do remember that high-end shared hosting will always outperform a small VPS.