cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are biggest problems with your current hosting?

What are biggest problems with your current hosting?

We are in the process of putting together a new, cloud based hosting company and we would like to know what some of your biggest, most consistent problems have been with your hosting packages.  Everything from shared to VPS.  Thanks for sharing and taking the time to write me back.

Jeffrey 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What are biggest problems with your current hosting?

Hey Zaphod,

The one thing I always see from a good number of hosts is they simply do not provide enough resources for Magento. A lot of people will try to use budget hosting and sometimes it works, but most times not. So the one tip I can give is be sure you are giving every hosted website enough resources for Magento to breathe.

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Majority of shared hosting and low-performant VPS are just not enough for Magento. It's more than enough for blogging platform like Wordpress, but not for Magento.

There are some good shared hosting providers, like Nexcess, they can be a good choice, especially because you can easily scale up as your needs grow.

Sonassi, for example, doesn't offer as-cheap-as-few-beers solutions, but they can provide you high-end performance even with a low-cost plan.

There are some other managed hosting providers like Rackspace, but it costs a lot.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

The biggest problems I usually see from Magento users is that Time to first byte of their hosting is not as good as they expected.

Dear Mr. AHLeslie,

Request you to provide the basic server configuration for hosting the e-commerce website on cloud server.

My current hosting services is pretty good but I had some problems with my recent hosting companies. Mainly people fed up from there support system.

Want Magento Professionals ?
& Get FREE 3 hour development today with ClapCreative - Building a Better User interface with http://clapcreative.com

I would agree that these are the biggest things we hear from our customers. We use the cloud for hosting and have significant expertise in Magento, WooCommerce, Drupal, Joomla, and more. But the biggest thing we excel in is customer support (Webscale with an NPS of 71). 

Thanks

Sonal

Hello,

From my personal experience - if you are planning on hosting Magento sites you need to get a couple of Magento developers on board. It would really amaze clients and earn good reputation if a hosting company could free of charge fix small issues with Magento. I have seen a lot of Magento store owners looking for a Magento developer to fix a problem their hosting could have fixed.

We tried several Magento hosting

our experience , you need some expert guys on Magento on the service team , we had hosting on MDG-it they are very good on magento , but speed was bit slow on vps for magento thats why we moved to AWS cloud

2- DDOS protection and firewall , we had AWS cloud hosting on cloudways but they dont have good DDOS protection , customer need to get 3rd party protection like cloudflare , which is inconvenience for customer ,