cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-indexing magento

SOLVED

Re: re-indexing magento

Hey, thank you very much for your quick reply! I really appreciate that very much! But what do you mean by "use the direct path"? I thought it is the direct path. The same as shown at the life ser in filezilla. in this case "austrialandscapes.org" is not a domain. Moreover its a folder, added into the directory. The file permission to talked earlier about; The file permission has to be set on the /bin folder, or directly to the magento file, I'm trying to point on? Currently its set to 755. Should that make it? Sorry all these questions, but I'm totally new on magento.

Anyway, thank you very much for your patient and for sticking with my this issue!

Best regards!

The full path depends on your server, some of them being "/public_html/magentodirectory/bin/magento" while others being "/home/username/public_html/magentodirectory/bin/magento". 

The file permissions also depend on your server where some servers work fine with 755 for directories and 644 for files while some servers will need less secure permissions for certain files.

Your hosting provider should be able to help with these questions.

thank you a thousand times, JLHC!!! That made it!:

Category Products index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:02
Product Categories index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Product Price index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Product EAV index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Stock index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Catalog Rule Product index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:01
Catalog Product Rule index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00
Catalog Search index has been rebuilt successfully in 00:00:00

But! I'm still getting the same error message inside the magento dashboard, saying: "One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running."

I tried again to reindex with the same command, and its now saying: "permission denied". So strange!