cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collins Harper Canada Post 2.0 Extension

Collins Harper Canada Post 2.0 Extension

I have installed Collin Harper Canada Post 2.0 extension and I'm unable to get any shipping quotes.  The canadapost.log shows the following lines

2015-12-21T14:11:18+00:00 DEBUG (7): /var/www/html/app/code/community/Collinsharper/Canpost/Helper/Rest/Request.php(line 130) >>> Collinsharper_Canpost_Helper_Rest_Requestrequest error: Protocol  https not supported or disabled in libcurl
2015-12-21T14:11:18+00:00 DEBUG (7): /var/www/html/app/code/community/Collinsharper/Canpost/Helper/Rest/Request.php(line 138) >>> CP Response:

I have curl installed and phpinfo says ssl and https is supported.

SSL	Yes
SSPI	No
TLS-SRP	Yes
Protocols	dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtmp, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
Host	x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
SSL Version	OpenSSL/1.0.1f

Anyone have any suggestions.  I sent Collins Harper the log file and all they told me is that I have an issue with my service provider and thats as far as there free support goes.  If I need any further assistance I would need to pay for it and or switch to a service provider that they work with "nexcess" because they provide a reliable service.   Guess thats all you get for $150.  Oh and then they closed the ticket due to lack of response.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Collins Harper Canada Post 2.0 Extension

I'm not surprised your encounter has been negative.

I was considering purchasing their 2.0 extension but I wanted to enquire as to why the price of the 2.0 module is more than 4 times the price of the 1.0 extension, yet the demo on the 2.0 extension looks no different to the 1.0 extension. So why the hike? So take a look at this amazing exchange with Collins Harper support, after I asked them about their pricing:

Dear Anthony,

Good day,
Apologies at this time we are unable to communicate about our internal pricing structures.

Your Collins Harper Software Team,
Thank you for choosing Collins Harper.
Steve Harper

-------------

Ok, i’ll just assume your gouging customers and screenshot this for others asking on magento forums.

thanks

------------

Good day Anthony,

Please ensure to communicate with us in a professional manner, our team works very hard to support our clients and communication to elicit stress is unacceptable as their happiness is of utmost concern.

Jeff Yard
Head of Business Development
Collins Harper

Email: jyard@collinsharper.com
Phone: 310.601.8357

-----------

Jeff,

I have to admit. In the 16 or so years i’ve spent working with the corporate sector, I can’t really fathom a more ridiculous encounter. Did you even read what transpired, take another look:

Your company was asked a simple question. Why is your 2.0 magento product almost four times the price what seems to be, from the demo, the exact same product as the 1.0 strain. Look, you don’t have to answer any question you don’t want to. However,

A) you cannot blame me for asking, its a fair question, from a potential customer.
B) your response didn’t justify your price hike, that’s open season for debate and assumption - since you’ve refused to address it

I’m fully entitled to like, agree, or disagree, share etc. your response. To berate me and blame me for adding stress to your staff is laughable. Perhaps you should teach your staff to be more communicative, to ask for a phone number, to follow up the customer and see what his needs are, a potential new customer, to show more of a common courtesy to a potential client’s needs as opposed to basically replying our price is price, like it our lump it. Where is the decorum and business etiquette. How do you expect to attract new business like that? Then to call my correspondence unprofessional to top that off? Let’s just say is Demac had their 2.0 module ready, you know where our business would be already.

You refused to address the quadruple price hike for the same product and I said:

"Ok, i’ll just assume your gouging customers and screenshot this for others asking on magento forums.”

Ok, you know what, I’ll survey this issue and let’s see what the Magento community thinks, who is unprofessional or not?

I’m not too surprised, one of your current customers who I spoke to mentioned that their support plan was expired a single day and you refused to assist them. He’s looking to Demac when they go to Magento 2.0. If you want to improve your business, review your strategy in dealing with customers.

Jeff, you have a good day.

Anthony

------------

So, there you have it. You guys decide.

Re: Collins Harper Canada Post 2.0 Extension

Don't buy Colllins Harper's module it is full of bugs and don't deliver half of the functionality it say it does.

As a result we manage our Canada post orders manually and we wait for another editor to release a decent module.

The feel like we've been scammed by buying this... and will never trust this editor in the future