If I purchased an extension through the marketplace and manually install it can I use the component manager in the future to update it even though It was install manually?
I ask because component manager won't sync in 2.0.7 or 2.0.8, I was able to get it to sync with 2.1.0 but the extension didn't have the correct code to install on 2.1.0. The extension provider fixed the issue and was submitting the code changes to the market place. I was told that can take a couple weeks to go through the approval process, and they offered to send the corrected file so I could manually install.
Solved! Go to Solution.
by "manually installed", do you mean via Composer from CLI or do you mean putting the code under "app/code"?
If it is installed via Composer, it can be updated via Component Manager. If it is in "app/code", then No.
If it is currently in "app/code" you can do the following:
0. Put the site in maintenance mode
1. Install the package via Composer, so you'll have it in both "app/code" and in "vendor"
2. Apply the fixes to the code in "vendor"
3. Remove the package from "app/code"
4. Clean caches and generated files in "var"
5. Disable maintenance mode