cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible problem installing Mailchimp

Possible problem installing Mailchimp

Hello,

I've been looking to install Mailchimp on Magento for the company's website. Just to have more control over email marketing actions and reporting. The developer said:

"we have modified the core Magento files to facilitate some requirements. If you add these it may impact the site's functions."

I've been looking for information to know if, with a modified Magento is possible to have Mailchimp installed, and be able to use the system without corrupting the website. 

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Possible problem installing Mailchimp

Hi @carolina_simermam

I understand the problem you are facing.

First thing - modifications in core files is not a standard way of development.

If you have some complex requirement - that also needs to be done via overriding and create using custom module only - or i would say by creating plugin or event observer only.

regarding your second question - here I would say Yes - if your developer had made changes related to emails or email templates or anything related to emails in core files or anything related to installation of extensions file then off course you will face the issue while installing mailchimp or any other plugin as well.

As you are directly modifying the core files so their might be a chance to whole website's functionality as well.

So here i am suggesting you to override such functionality in custom module and replace core files with actual core files of magento and then try to install mailchimp it will installed and works successfully.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @carolina_simermam,

Please tell your developer to follow below links steps to integrate Mailchimp in your Magento

https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-or-disconnect-mailchimp-for-magento/

There is nothing required to modification in Magento core files. If you have changed in any core file then while upgrading Magento version or applying security patches, Might be it will break your customize functionality. 

Let me know if you have any issue.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi @carolina_simermam,

Which module are you using?

There's an official integration for Magento 1 and Magento 2:

Using the official module you shouldn't have any kind of trouble.

Also, the core modifications could be applied in several ways. Some of them are bad practices and other ways are the right way to change some core behavior.

Maybe if you can provide more information the community can help you to understand if those modifications were applied in the right or wrong way.