cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be in developer mode when installing an extension? I get error otherwise.

Should I be in developer mode when installing an extension? I get error otherwise.

I installed this extension with the method on this page:

https://docs.ideal-postcodes.co.uk/docs/integrations/magento

The site was in production. 

The compile command results in a critical error.

[2022-10-09 14:40:46] main.CRITICAL: Warning: include(/home/mysite/webapps/mysite/var/view_preprocessed/pub/static/vendor/magento/module-theme/view/base/templates/root.phtml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/webapps/mysite/vendor/magento/framework/View/Result/Page.php on line 327 {"report_id":"7473a776d64af485d73dce1512a4de37033e7b3037ee21d2e469a242c240abf1","exception":"[object] (Exception(code: 0): Warning: include(/home/mysite/webapps/mysite/var/view_preprocessed/pub/static/vendor/magento/module-theme/view/base/templates/root.phtml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/webapps/mysite/vendor/magento/framework/View/Result/Page.php on line 327 at /home/mysite/webapps/mysite/vendor/magento/framework/App/ErrorHandler.php:61)"} []

Only after finishing the deploy command does the error go away. And this whole process takes several minutes. So thats clearly not good at all. 

When I put the site in developer mode I dont get the error.

So should I be in developer mode when running the module:enable, upgrade, compile and deploy commands?