cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: syslog() has been disabled for security reasons

Warning: syslog() has been disabled for security reasons

Hallo,

I'm a newbie by Magento.

After installing extension I try to execute <magento_root>$ php bin/magento setup:upgrade, but that don't work. I get an warning message "Warning: syslog() has been disabled for security reasons in .../magento/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/SyslogHandler.php on line 65"

I use magento 2.3, recently installed

mode: developer

Should I enable this syslog() or what? And how to do that?

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Warning: syslog() has been disabled for security reasons

same issue here

Fresh Installation of Magento 2.3 with composer.

Cannot execute bin/magento. syslog()-Error no matter which command I use (setup:upgrade, cache:flush,...)

No idea what the problem is. I ended up deinstalling 2.3 and using 2.2 instead.

composer create-project --repository=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=2.2.7 <install-dir>

seems to be working

As far as I know, Magento 2.2 don't support php 7.2. And this is for me a probleme, my hoster support only php 7.2 at the moment.

I solved this problem for me so:

vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/SyslogHandler.php this file, line 65, before syslog insert @-symbol (syslog warnings will be deactivatet) and it works now.

I suppose it's a dirty method, but couldn't solve this problem any other way.

I have also the same issue. it is due to the functions have been disabled in your PHP config. To use them, you'll need to change your PHP config and remove "openlog" and "syslog" from the "disable_functions" directive.

this works for me.