cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magentocommerce.com Q&A missing. Also no way to comment on a rating.

magentocommerce.com Q&A missing. Also no way to comment on a rating.

1.  I notice some modules no longer are showing their Q&A.  For example:  https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/call-for-price-14.html  merely shows and empty page 1.  Could have sworn there were a bunch of questions there.  Are module writers allow to remove or hide questions and answers?  If yes this makes that tab almost worthless.

2.  I can't seem to comment on a comment.  For example I rated their terrible module (not it is not an actual module but some rather ugly hacks), they author commented, and I would like to reply, but apparently that functionality doesn't exist?  Unless we can comment back that tab is almost worthless.

I understand wanting to give module writers a nice platform to show off their modules but if community members are unnecessarily limited in how we can rate them then we aren't able to tell what is actually a good module.

I ask that the site admins consider keeping Q&A and not allowing module writers to retroactively delete everything the community asked.

I ask that the site admins allow for us to comment on our own rating.

I wasted money and way too much time on a really terrible "module".  Q&A and rating comments could improve magento commerce for us all.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: magentocommerce.com Q&A missing. Also no way to comment on a rating.

Also when rating modules the Magento version numbers are out of date.  For example I tested on 1.9.x but the drop down only goes to 1.8.  That should be fixed else it breaks the usefulness of the drop down.

I hope Magento corp isn't abandoning the 1.9x community.

Re: magentocommerce.com Q&A missing. Also no way to comment on a rating.

I attempted to post another review but it was rejected with out reason.  They merely said to read the guidelines yet no specific issue was raised.  I think allowing community members to honestly post on magento module rating system is important.  Only posting positive reviews is bad for everybody.