cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure megento with new domain

How to configure megento with new domain

I am new megento user.can you tell me how I setup my custom new domain with magento?

vlc

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to configure megento with new domain

I also purchased a new domain realhoopers.com I also want to install Magento if you got a solution please also help me

Here are the steps to configure Magento with a new custom domain:

1. Purchase the new domain name and point it to your Magento server IP address via DNS A record.
  2. Login to your Magento admin panel, and go to Stores > Configuration > General > Web.
  3. In the Base URLs section, update the Base URL and Secure Base URL fields to the new domain name.
  4. Scroll down to the Base URLs (Secure) section and update the Secure Base URL field as well.
  5. Go to Stores > Configuration > General > General. Set "Add Store Code to Urls" to "Yes".
  6. Under Advanced > Developer, update the JavaScript Settings and CSS Settings fields to the new domain.
  7. Flush the cache under System > Cache Management.
  8. Setup a 301 redirect in the .htaccess file from old domain to new domain.
  9. Reindex all indices under System > Index Management.
  10. Test the new domain thoroughly before launching.

Configuring Magento with a new domain involves a few key steps. Ensure you update the base URL in the Magento settings, adjust the web server configuration, and update the database if needed. Don't forget to clear the cache afterward. If you encounter any issues, feel free to fast results provide more details for specific guidance.

yes i agree