cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify default product image in import file?

How to specify default product image in import file?

Magento ver. 1.9.3.6

I imported 90.000 products to my store yesterday. Each product had an image. Everything looks fine. But I see now that yes I have uploaded the images, the images are not set as default as image, small_image and thumbnail. I get depressed thinking of having to go through each 90.000 products manually, so is there a better way? I can delete all products and import they again, if I only knew what I need to look for in my import file.... ??

I even exported a product out which was listed perfectly, meaning images and other params set as I wanted them. But after imported them again the product is displayed with no image. I have to into admin and select that this iamge should be for image, small image and thumbnail....

Any idea how to solve it ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to specify default product image in import file?

What import process are you using? There should be a column for each of type of image that you mention "image", "small_image" and "thumbnail. You will need to make sure that image filename is in all of them in order for it to be selected when uploading. 

I think fixing those columns and reimporting is your best option unless you want to get a Magento developer involved. They may be able to write a script that goes through each product and looks at the images that you have already uploaded and sets them specifically as small_image, image and thumbnail where appropriate. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

I'm using DataFlow - Profiles for importing

But hmm it looks like the product images are displayed just fine when I view the product detail page, but on front page, or othr pages  it only displays a default magento image

What do you mean by showing a magento default image. Do you mean it uses a placeholder image (grey with the magento logo on?) 

If so, normally, if no images were specifically selected as small_image or thumbnail, I believe Magento would just take the base image or first image from the product. Does the placeholder image disappear and the correct image shown if you do select the radio buttons for the type of image in the admin?

You could also check the permissions for the folders in media/catalog/product/cache to make sure that the webserver has the correct permissions to be able to do the resizing that it needs to for images on different pages. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Do you mean it uses a placeholder image (grey with the magento logo on?) 

- yes, that is what I mean