I have another thread here about index is tuck on processing. From some of the ansers there it was recommeded to disable a module and then reindex. So when index is complete enablet o module again.
But I might have misunderstood something here. I disabled a core module, not sure it's name as admin pages don't work any longer (happend when I disabled module, with "don't work" I mean admin displays only a white page). Lets call the module Mage_cor??? Front pages of the site is empty too, meaning they don't show info retireved from the database...
How can I get it back again? Is there a field in the database I need change or a value in a file? I have database backup of the site from 2 days before this happend, in case I need it.
In the module files I came across this code:
<config> <modules> <Mage_XmlConnect> <active>false</active> <codePool>core</codePool> <depends> <Mage_Checkout /> <Mage_Paypal /> <Mage_Usa /> <Mage_Tax /> <Mage_Weee /> <Mage_Catalog /> <Mage_CatalogSearch /> <Mage_CatalogInventory /> <Mage_Bundle /> <Mage_Wishlist /> <Mage_Rating /> <Mage_Review /> </depends> </Mage_XmlConnect> </modules> </config>
not 100% sure this is correct to change these settings. Because I made changes from within the admin pages (I disabled module from within admin), and I think maybe the admin doesn't manipulate the content of files, instead it keep it's settings stored in the database
what you think?
If you are getting a white page probably you are getting an error 500.
Take a look to your Magento's logs (system.log and exception.log) but also the webserver error log.
Noramally error 500 will be there.
If you can share those logs (last messages) maybe it will be helpful to trace the problem.
not sure it is error 500, but will check. The front page of the website displays everythng except stuff that is stored in the database (some product listings), I will check in the log as soon as I wake up in the morning, here it is 1AM now.
If you disabled a module from Magento admin and you remember the module name then you can re enable it in database. (If am not wrong you disabled it from System > Configuration >Advanced - Advanced > Disable modules output)
If you have access to your database then run following command to check what is value under value colum.
SELECT * FROM core_config_data where path like '%advanced_modules_disable_output/Mage_Tag%'
I have used Mage_Tag for example purpose you replace it with the module which you disabled.
Now run following command
update core_config_data set value ='0' where path = 'advanced/modules_disable_output/Mage_Tag';
After this clear cache and check front end.