cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install errors Db\Collection\Abstract.php

Install errors Db\Collection\Abstract.php

Trying to install Magento community edition but I ran into a couple of errors. I have uploaded everything via Filezilla. my database is mysql 5. After i installed the files I went to the magento install page and it showed up and I entered some information in .When it came for the database information ater i clicked next I received the same erros that I'm getting now. Below is what I see when I go to the install link.

Warning: unlink(E:\HostingSpaces\nico93\lightninglister.com\wwwroot\magento\magento\var\129978307855d65c382301a.tmp) [function.unlink]: Permission denied inE:\HostingSpaces\nico93\lightninglister.com\wwwroot\magento\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\functions.phpon line 344

Fatal error: Call to a member function getReadConnection() on a non-object inE:\HostingSpaces\nico93\lightninglister.com\wwwroot\magento\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Db\Collection\Abstract.phpon line 134

If I click unlink  I get 404 error , temp. unavialiabke or deleted from server 

If anyne could help me get Magento up and running that would be great , Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Install errors Db\Collection\Abstract.php

Hi,

Don't worry about the link being broken.. thats just a PHP thing.

The error is basically pointing to a permissions issue in your 'var' directory. Do you have permissions to CHMOD directories?

If so then you need to CHMOD 700 the var directory as per the Magento install guidelines:

700 permissions (drwx------) for the media/ and var/ directories give full control (that is, read/write/execute) to the owner and no permissions to anyone else.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi @Nicoson93,

Please confirm if the Magento folder have proper permission or not. If you still not able to install then try this:

Install Magento in local enviourment and then upload the site into the live server.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi,

I am also getting same error when I open my admin panel.

"
Fatal error: Call to a member function getReadConnection() on boolean in /home/thetiresquire/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php on line 134"

Please Please help me struggling alot.

I have 777 permissions to my var folder .

please get back soon.

My magento version is 1.9.3.4

Thanks,

Shaban.

Hi  shabana1128,

You have to define the class and the resource model. Please check this link. I hope solve your problem.

If you have any queries. Please contact us 

Magento development: https://bootsgrid.com/services/magento-development/

Support : https://bootsgrid.com/contact-us/

Best regards,

B.pavalaraj

Bootsgrid Technologies 

https://www.bootsgrid.com

Please do a fresh Magento install to a new directory. After verifying hte new installation works please clone this module using modman and flush the cache. With no configuration changes (assuming your db is listening on the default port on localhost with no password required) it should just work. If this doesn't work then please report back. fix err spdy protocol error