cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 with sample data not showing dynamic catalog

SOLVED

Magento 1.9 with sample data not showing dynamic catalog

Hello all,

I am new with Magento (using 1.9) and I have a problem with my dynamic catalog which is not showing the images used by default theme after installing sample data. See bellow the print screen. Any help will be appreciated :-)

2017_01_15_22_37_53_Madison_Island.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.9 with sample data not showing dynamic catalog

This can happen due to quite a few reasons, the two of them being the image files are missing or if the file permissions are incorrect. 

Did you try accessing the image files directly and see if they are accessible? Or otherwise what error code do they throw out? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It could be because some missing images?

Did you try flushing all the cache?

This can happen due to quite a few reasons, the two of them being the image files are missing or if the file permissions are incorrect. 

Did you try accessing the image files directly and see if they are accessible? Or otherwise what error code do they throw out? 

I can see that you've marked this as Solved. 

Can you share with the community on the exact cause of the problem and what you did to solve it? 

Hello James,

I have used Firebug plugin for Modzilla and looked over the images objects that were missing. Due to Firebug I have managed to see the exact location for the pictures on my webserver. Moreover when I checked into the source location, the structure doesn't contained the required images. Finally I copied the missing images from my local machine to remote server and after refreshing the site the view looked as expected.

That does sound like the image files were missing in the first place. 

Thanks for sharing the solution with the community!