cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Magento 1.7 from one server to another > Error 500 when reload a page

Re: Moving Magento 1.7 from one server to another > Error 500 when reload a page

Hi @tomiotee 

I agree with @theMageComp that this is very likely a server error, it might be a good investment getting your hosting provider to help fixing this. Since this is an issue that is very hard to solve without having dirrect access to the server, and I'm not sure how comfortable you are with changeing server settings.

Did you have a look in the apache config if you have a value: FastCGIExternalServer and if its set to go through a socket that doesn't exist on the server?

Re: Moving Magento 1.7 from one server to another > Error 500 when reload a page

Hello all,

After a test of different solutions, i have finaly solved these issue by changing my hosting solution which is was a little under scale to use with magento.

Thank you for your advice and your help.

Hello @tomiotee

Happy to hear, you found the solution, you are requested to mark this thread as solved. 

Thanks

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hello Tomiotee,

I have exactly the same problem with magento on my Gandi Simple Hosting.

Error 500 > Works after Cleanup > Error 500 ...

You said you solved issue by changing hosting solution.

Does that mean that you left at Gandi or you have changed the Simple Hosting in another server?

Thank for your answer.

Hi there,

I've got the same problem with 3 different hosting providers.

You can ask them if they can provide you a more powerful solution at a fair price or you can change hosting provider.

About the 128 MB mentioned above.. well.. I had the same problem not only with Magento but also with Drupal.

So I moved a couple of time finding an Hosting provider that (for 27 Euro/month) grants me (for any CPanel account):

1) 1 GB Virtual Memory

2) 8 GB Physical Memory

3) 35 Entry Processes

4) 2,4 Mb/Sec Input/Output usage

5) they gives me opportunity to do backups from CPnael

6) Shell Access

7) Upgrade MySQL v. 5.6 in the coming weeks (a must for Magento 2)

that works pretty well: I just must be careful not to take backups through Magento admin panel but using the CPanel funcion (otherwise it would hit I/O limit)

The previous hosts proposed me to use a dedicated server (that means paying at least 150 Euro/Month but, as you see, my new hosting provider gives me a fair solution)

hope that can help